Enjoy “life with wood-burning fire”
- In spring with fresh young leaves, in summer with dancing fireflies, in autumn with red-coloured mountains and in winter in silvery snowscapes…wood-burning fire is always in everyday life at Satoyama-sha.It is great to interact with fire of burning wood for a whole day, using wide range of equipmetns we have; wood-burning stove, the cooking stove, the “Goemonburo”*bathroom, the stone oven, the “Okudosan” rice cooker**, the wood-fuelled boiler, the hearth, the “Sumikotatsu”*** and the charcoal stove at Satoyama-sha.
- Try our one night stay experience which is for only one group per day, and get the touch of impressive “life with wood-burning fire”
- Goemonburo * – One of many variations of Japanese bathroom. It features a cast-iron bathtub, heated from below using an open fire.
- Okudosan ** – (traditional form of rice cooker. The rice is cooked using the heat generated from the furnace below)
- Sumikotatsu *** Modern “Kotatsu” are tables with electric heaters underneath so that guests can sit on the floor, use the table and keep their feet warm. “Sumikotatsu” is simply a traditional version of the modern Kotatsu which uses burning coal underground to create heat instead of electricity.
- ※Max 6 people. for more people, we require ¥5000／person.
- ※If you bring your own sleeping bag, there is discount of ¥1,000／person
Check in at 4:00 p.m. ／ Check out at 10:00 p.m.
- You can bring your own favorite food and cook freely with equipments like the wood-burning cooking stove or the stone oven in Satoyama-sha. Our staff will support you throughout the whole process, from wood chopping, lighting to cooking.
Foods we can prepare at Satoyama-sha
- A set of dough and tomato sauce for a large size pizza ¥700
- Draft beer ¥9,000／a 10ℓbarrel
- ※The price of local foods, like free range chicken meat, aweetfish (ayu fish), deer meat are all depends on the season. please ask us for the current price.
Where you can buy foods
- ※Rental cycle service is available. (please ask us beforehand)
- ※Please take your rubbish home
- We charge ¥31 per bag for both combustibles and plastics for disposing in case you use public transportation and unable to take your rubbish back. If you separate your rubish, we can put kitchen rubbish into a compost and combustibles into the wood-burning boiler.
Rooms and Facilities
Relax and sleep in both 16.5㎡ width wooden floored room and 19.9㎡ width fine tatami matted room
The hall with dirt floor is the dining space where you can cook with stoves.
- ※You can use the hall for many purposes such as meetings or concerts.
- ※The hall and the tatami room are used for cafe from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. except Mondays and your activities inside the building are regulated.
- ※Smoking is not allowed inside the building. You can use the terrace for smoking instead.
Enjoy bath time with the traditional styleGoemon-buro.
- ※We have soap, shampoo, conditioner and a hair drier.
- ※Towels, tooth brushes, pajamas are not available.
- For further questions, please contact us.